Ed Sheeran Apologises to Fans and Says "I Have Made Mistakes" After Macklemore Tour Controversy
Breaking : Ed Sheeran Apologises to Fans and Says "I Have Made Mistakes" After Macklemore Tour Controversy
Singer Ed Sheeran has apologised to fans for making "mistakes" as he handled the fallout from rapper Macklemore being dropped from his tour over pro-Palestinian remarks.
Sheeran addressed the controversy on stage Saturday night at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, his first show since the row erupted.
"This week, criticism was about something much more important and I've had to take and make difficult decisions and I am making mistakes, and I'm so, so sorry," Sheeran told the crowd before performing.
Macklemore was removed from the US dates of Sheeran's Loop Tour after shouting "Free Palestine" and accusing Israel of genocide during his set at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey earlier this month.
Sheeran said on Instagram Tuesday that it was the promoter's decision, not his, after venues threatened to pull shows. He said he tried to build a bridge with venue owners including New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft.
Four opening acts including Finneas and Lukas Graham quit the tour in solidarity with Macklemore.
On stage, Sheeran called the October 7, 2023 Hamas attack "horrific" but said the war in Gaza is "catastrophic and unjustifiable and disproportionate." He said his heart has been broken by the devastation and said his concerts remain a safe space for everyone.

Comments
Post a Comment